The 3-port valve utilizes a unique shear action disc technology and
swirl-mix body geometry to provide high performance dynamic fluid
mixing. The nature of the valve seat design minimizes disc wear,
outperforming conventionally seated valves, minimizing seal replacement
and plant downtime. Fitted with the electronic actuator and a
temperature sensor inserted into the outlet pipe, the system delivers
high-performance stand-alone closed-loop temperature control.
The calibrated temperature feedback signal in combination with the
fast acting actuator provides temperature control accuracy to ± 2°F (±
1°C) over a 32°F - 212°F (0°C - 100°C) control range, capable of
blending from 0% to 100% of either inlet temperature. Even with sudden
changes of inlet pressure and temperature to the valve, the actuator
controller aggressively minimizes outlet temperature variations, making
the system ideal for use in industrial applications as a simple
stand-alone or integrated mixing solution.
- ISO 5211, 5210 actuator flange mounting
- Shear Action Discs and Valve constructed of CF8M (316) stainless steel
- 3” valve flow coefficient (Cv): 144
- End connection: 3” ASME B16.5 Class 150 standard (Cl. 300 option available)
- Port size: 3” nominal bore
- Calibrated NTC temperature probe assembly requires fitting into pipework 12” downstream of the outlet port
- Elastomer seal material options are available to support NON water
temperature control applications, e.g., glycol, hydraulic fluid
- Top entry allows inline access to internal valve parts
- Operating temperature range: -13°F to 257°F (-25°C to 125°C)
- Rated pressure: 232 psi (16 bar) at 212°F (100°C)
- Valve is non shutoff with seat leakage being less than 0.05% of Cv
- Design verification to ASME B16.34
Electronic Actuator Features
- Analog (4-20mA) input and output control signals for interfacing with SCADA control
- Software configurable control settings
- Very high resolution capability (0.03° rotational)
- External RS232 connection (cable supplied)
- Stand-alone closed loop temperature control, or remote analog (4-20mA) control options
- Power: regulated 24Vdc 6Amp supply required
- Failsafe position feedback (non-contact absolute encoder)
- Keypad: 4 membrane switches with “dual touch” safety features
- Display: 3.5 digit LCD display with back light
- Push-button power switch
- Extra analog input for interfacing ancillary devices (e.g., flow switch, level switch)
- 90° stroke time as low as 1.5 seconds for fast control action
- Gearbox: planetary, lifetime lubrication, low backlash
- 100% duty cycle rated actuator
IMPORTANT NOTE: Consult the “Installation, Operation
and Maintenance” Manual (IOM) to review key requirements,
recommendations and considerations when planning your installation.
Failure to do so may affect the performance of the product. A copy of
the IOM is provided with the product.
- Illustration shows standard system format for actuator/valve
orientation, installed calibrated NTC temperature probe with
installation tap kit and ASME B16.5 Class 150 end connections on the
- Hot and cold input ports can be interchanged, and alternative orientations of the actuator on the valve can be specified.
- Class 300 flange option is available on indent, but not pressure rated to ASME CI 300.
- Please consult with the Armstrong factory at time of order placement
if you require non standard format product for your installation.
Installation and Maintenance
Installation Details Form